Thursday, February 9, 2012

Finally, finally an update!

   So the winter bug had me down for at least a week.  The kids got it too.  So, I went a whole 9 days without working out.  And I probably didn't drink as much water as I should have.  I was utterly exhausted and hated that I couldn't work out.  It was really easy during that week to not care as much about what I was eating either.  I just wanted whatever was quick and didn't require too much effort.
  However, now that I'm better I hopped right back into working out!  This past Monday I went to the Y with Dan.  I did about 30 minutes of cardio on the elliptical and lifted some weights.  Yesterday I did 45 minutes of Wii Zumba fit, then went onto the Y later in the afternoon and ran/walked the track and did some weight lifting.
  Working out at the Y is great, however I notice I have some insecurity issues.  I don't know how to use a lot of the machines and if I can't figure them out within a minute, I tend to shy away because someone else is waiting for the machine.  I'm thinking I need to ask someone to show me how to use and adjust some of them.  Due to me being so short, I have to adjust most of them.  Adjusting the weights isn't a problem, just the machine itself. It does have a description on each machine, however I'm more of a hands on learner, so I don't pick up the little picture that easily.  I need someone to show me, or I just need to watch someone use the machine.  Either way, the gym has really dredged up some insecurities in me.  I'm way more comfortable working out at home, however getting to the gym is great.  I just need to shake off the insecurity and not let the people who seem annoyed with my inexperience get to me.
 I have notice a lot of difference in my legs.  I have muscle tone again! :)  Now, if I can do the same with my gut!
 Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment