Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I have the itch to be crafty.

 So, as you may know from my title I have the itch to be crafty.  I just don't even know where to start. First of all, our finances do not support this desire, especially around this time of year.  And secondly, I don't even know what I want to make.  I want to learn how to knit and crochet, I want to make cute little owl pillows like Kathy Wilson, I want to make the coolest sticker charts ever for my son Nathan, I want to decoupage these adorable little shadow boxes for Jovie's room, I want to paint and decorate picture frames, pottery, learn more about photography.. Oh the list just keeps on going!! Half of this stuff I don't even know how to do!  Oh I did I mention that I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to decorate cakes and cupcakes with fondant and gum paste?  I also want to learn to get over my fear of sewing machines. (seriously) They intimidate me and I totally blew it on my sewing project in 7th grade. I was way way better in shop class, no joke. Oh how fun it would be to have not only the money to invest in all of this, but the time as well! And someone to teach me a lot of these things.
I sometimes find myself asking where all these crafty artsy desires are coming from?  Then I remember how when I was little, like 4 ish, I started drawing girls and designing their hair and outfits, oh man I'd do it all the time. And I would love to help my Dad decorate the house for Halloween and Christmas, and loved building good ol fashioned train sets and puzzles.  I'd paint, color, paper machete, make friendship bracelets galore, design hair styles, charcoal draw, all that fun stuff.  I forgot that I have always loved art and doing crafts.  I think for a long time I believed that I wasn't a creative person anymore and now the creative side of my brain is STARVING to be used! I just wish I knew where to start.  Does anyone have any good ideas?  My house is already decorated for Christmas (other than the tree) so that's off the list.  What's an affordable craft to start off with?  I have very very little supplies, and very little room in my house. I have some cute yarn and some paints and that's it. So I'm basically starting from scratch. I think getting over the overwhelming "where do I start" phase is the hardest part for me.  I would love a push in the right direction!  What's your favorite craft and why do you love doing it? Where's a good place to start when you have a low income? Anyway, I hope whoever reads this has a wonderful day and the most lovely Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment