Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Let's quit our complaining.

   Complaining.  I'm guilty of doing this at least once a day... or every couple of hours.  My bed isn't big enough, or it's too uncomfortable.  My house is too small.  I have too much laundry to do.  I need more sleep.. and the list goes on and on!  However, after all the coverage on Syria my whole prosepective has changed.
   I live in a country where my government helps those who reside here.  I live in a country where we can go to sleep at night and not fear for our safety.  My family never goes hungry, we have clean water that runs directly to our house, and fills my cup at my command.  I can also get hot showers and baths, whenver my children allow me to. We have healthcare, warm beds, and a roof over our heads.  My beautiful children are healthy, and I am blessed to kiss them goodnight tonight.  I don't care if my house is too small and never looks as clean as I'd like it to be!  It's filled with love, and laughter, hugs, and kisses. I may always dislike laundry, but I'd rather be washing my loved ones dirty clothes rather than not having them here anymore.
   As Americans, we have so much at our disposal.  We so easily lose sight of what we have.. What really matters.  We demand more and more and more every day.  And we are incredibly ungrateful!  People need to seriously open their eyes and take a look at what's going on in third world countries, and in countries where the governement doesn't give a damn about you or your family.
   The images from the horrible gassing in Syria have been burned in my brain.  I have to turn away every time it's shown on TV because my heart just can't take it anymore.  I cry for all of those who have suffered, and are still suffering.  I find myself pleading to God to please end this horrible war.  To provide homes for the refugees, to bring peace and protection to those innocent people caught in the middle of this battlle, and for all of the families that have lost their loved ones.
  Please, be intentional about counting your blessings.  You probably have so much more than you thought you did.  And you'll probably find yourself complaining a lot less.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment